文字稿// Penguins Cheer Up Old Folks
Sometimes, very old people live in places called care homes… special places
with doctors and nurses to take care of them.
Being very old can be hard.
Some very old people can't walk very well and feel tired and bored.
In England, one care home for old people had a fun idea.
They said, "Hey! Let's bring some penguins to play with everyone… that way
they won't feel so bored or lonely!
Yes! Penguins! Those little black and white birds that cannot fly.
The penguins came from the zoo… and guess what?
These penguins from the zoo are very friendly.
They sit on the old people's laps and let them pet them.
The great grandmothers and great grandfathers in this care home in England
said the penguins were so cute.
They said the penguins made them forget their problems and feel happy.
What a nice story.
We should be nice to old people.
One day, we will be the old people!
Ha! Can you imagine being 100 years old?
Well, one day you might be! And maybe you will get to pet a penguin, too!
1. Penguin 企鵝。 I didn't know that penguins are friendly animals.
我都不知道企鵝是友善的動物。 Me either. 我也不知道。 I only knew that penguins
2. Friendly 友善的。 Why are you going to that restaurant? 你為什麼去那家餐廳?
The waiters there are very friendly. 因為那家的服務人員很友善。
3. grandmother 祖母， grandfather 祖父。 I've never met my grandmother or
grandfather. 我從來沒見過我的祖父祖母。 I've met mine. 我有見過我的。 I like my
grandfather a lot. 我很喜歡我的阿公。
4. Take care of 照顧。 Who takes care of your grandfather? 誰照顧你的阿公? He
can take care of himself. 他可以照顧自己。
So let's be kind to our grandparents. Let's read the words. Penguin 企鵝
friendly 友善的 grandmother 祖母 grandfather 祖父 take care of 照顧
1. Where did this story happen?
2. What animal played with the old people?
3. Why is it hard for people to be very old?
A: They feel tired and bored
B: Some old people live with penguins
C: Because they can't eat ice cream or pizza every day